Tuesday 3 October 2017

Enhance Your Breastmilk Supply With Lactation Cookies


Need more breastmilk?

Soooo I was talking to a lovely Mumma across the pond' and she mentioned a secret recipe for increasing breastmilk- so I decided to look it up and my gosh it worked! I instantly spread the work! 

Breast feeding can be very stressful- yes it's an amazing if you can actually do it and it means you literally have milk on tap but the stress can literally interrupt your milk supply- the more you stress the more you struggle.. and you totally have to put your mind to it...Sometimes I would say to myself- relax, come breastmilk, relax come breastmilk... Don't get me wrong I felt like a natural a breastfeeding but I did find my exercise did decrease my milk supply. Which is why I need to seek for help and in all honesty it worked for myself and for my friends- and they actually taste good too!


So here you have it; Lactation Cookies


Prep time: approx. 15 minutes Oven temp: preheat to 170C or 338F Makes approx. 14-16 cookies, using a dessert spoon per cookie (double the recipe for more) - .

  • 1 cup self raising wholemeal flour (if you have plain flour, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder- I went for Gluten free flour, others used coconut flour) 
  • 1/2 cup butter (for a healthier option, use organic virgin coconut oil instead- def opt for coconut oil)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (if you want to reduce sugar, you could try just 1/2 cup or add in some fruits for a natural sweetness) 
  • 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal 
  • 1 egg 
  • 2-3 tablespoons of water (depends on how moist you prefer the cookies to be) 
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional, for flavour) 
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, for flavour) 
  • 1-2 tablespoons of brewers yeast – DO NOT substitute bakers yeast or any other yeast 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt – use himalayan salt if possible 
  • 1 & 1/2 cups oats – organic, steel cut oats are best for you, but rolled oats are fine - 

See more at: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/lactation-cookies/


Once I got to grips with the ingredients I ended throwing everything in- theres no time to measure things hehe....I also ended up adding things putting my own yummy but healthy to it for example; mash some bananas in and throw in some raisins. 
However if you do do this never leave out the oats and brewers yeast! They are literally the main breastmilk enhancer ingredient- especially Brewers yeast!

Enjoy and Spread the word to any mummies, mummies-to-be

X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kimmy Fitness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig