Monday 9 March 2015

No Meat Monday

Monday yay or nay?!

Starting my week with 'no meat Monday' is definitely a yay for me.
have two days a week where I eat no meat and I love it! 


•salmon•sweetPotatoeWedges•broccoli•squeeze of fresh lemon•thyme and mixed spice seasoning•dinner is served

Why?
•To be incontrol•eat lighter•control meat consumption•to be creative with other fresh foods•body maintenance•reduce risk of heart disease and other chronic decisions

I would say 'to be incontrol' is my biggest factor here. I have worked with many women and I think us women really struggle to be incontrol of our food intake. (Basically we are a sucker for food). 
Therefore I came up with this healthy eating regime, which is flexible and allows us to not feel restricted but to learn to take control of what we eat. And it works!! (not just for me but for my clients too).


Snack•
I always cut my fruit up as I love picking at food•
 
Meat consumption
Adults generally need about 10-35% of their total calorie intake to be from protein. (Of course this does depend on lifestyle and motives). 

We do not need meat everyday, vegans and vegetarians do just fine without meat. There are plenty of other ways to consume protein; nuts, fish, tofu, soya, eggs, faux meat, soybeans, lentils, almond milk, beans, peanut butter, pasta, rice, almond butter, cheese, milk, and there are a lot more of course).

•soya protein•one egg•organic almond milk•pancakes 

This lifestyle works great for me, it might be for you, but it might not be. Give it a go, be incontrol, small steps are the best steps as they last forever! 

Motivated Monday, no MeatMonday
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kimmy Fitness. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig